When you join Chase Bank for the first time, you will be given a new credit card. But you can’t use the card to make transactions from your Chase account without activating it. The Chase credit card activation process can be in two simple ways: a phone call or online. In both cases, you will need to identify yourself and provide information that came with the card.
Here is an in-depth look at the Chase Card activation process:
Online Chase Credit Card Activation
To activate your Chase Card online, you have to visit Chase’s page for verifying receipt of your card. The following are the steps you will have to take to ensure the activation happens:
• Create an account on the Chase website: Do you have an account already? Why don’t you just log in. Those who don’t need to sign up for an account by providing the credit card number, tax identification number (or social security number), billing address, and email.
• Find the credit card account on the website: Click “My Accounts” and select the credit card to activate. Click on the activation button and your card will be ready for use.
• Creating a PIN: One of the things you will have to do on the website is creating a PIN. Choose one that is easy for you to remember but hard for other people to guess.
• Notification of activation: To confirm that the card is activated and ready for use, the Chase Card system will send you an email notification message.
• Activate the individual perks: These may take the form of 5 percent airline miles or cash back. Although this is the first activation you make, you will need to repeat it every three months.
• Remove sticker and sign card: To validate your card, you have to remove the sticker and sign it. Once that is done, the card is ready for use.
Chase Card Activation by Phone
You have just received your Chase Card and you need to activate it. The sooner you do it, the better. To activate the card by phone, follow these steps:
• Call the phone number: Look for a sticker on the front of your Chase Card. That is where the phone number is. Simply dial 1-800-432-3117 (personal credit cards ) or 1-888-269-8690 (business credit cards) using your home number or the one you used during the card application process.
• Key in the required information: It is important that you enter or say the credit card number, social security number, date of birth, and so on.
• Activate the cash back bonuses: This is optional. To get your 5 percent cashback, you have to activate them every three months. If you are asked whether you want to do it, the choice is yours.
• Remove sticker and sign card: You have provided the right information and your card has been activated automatically. Remove the sticker and sign the card with your name and official signature.
The Chase Card activation process is that fast and easy. You have to be careful when using your card in public areas since “hawkeyed” individuals may steal your PIN. Whenever you notice any unusual activity on your account, you report to the customer service personnel.