You need your Green Dot Card to avoid carrying cash around or go into debt shopping with your credit card. Everyone shops online these days, and I know you do too. Activating your Green Dot Card is in your best interest as it saves you from the risk of losing cash when you carry cash around or fall deeper into debt when you opt for credit card payments.
Once you have pre-loaded your card with cash, you can use it the exact same way you have been using your traditional bank debit card. You can use it to make both online and in-store purchases and payments anywhere cards with logo on your Green Dot Card is accepted.
With your Card, you will never have to bother yourself over minimum balance and overdrafts.
How Does the Green Dot Card work?
Before we go into activation, it is important we help you understand how the card works. The Green Dot Card comes free when you buy it online. It comes with no credit checks.
The visa green dot card comes with 5% cash back earning benefits. You can get up to $100 or more every year by simply doing your normal shopping with your Card.
Green Dot Cards come with a monthly maintenance fee, but the fee gets waived any month you load up to $1, 000 or more.
How Do You Register the Green Dot Card You Purchased At a Retail Location?
Your Green Dot Card activation is the most important thing you should pay attention to. Your card arrives inactive like most bank cards do. This helps keep you protected from fraud in case the card gets stolen on transit.
Once the card is in your possession, your Green Dot Card activation should not take more than a couple of minutes.
Here are steps you can take to register your Green Dot card:
- Head to the homepage of Green Dot.
- Click the “Register Card” Icon located on the top-right side of your screen.
- This will take you to a secure page where you will be prompted to enter the 16 digits account number of your card and the 3-digit security code known as CCV.
- Put in the card’s month and year of expiration.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- A new page will open and you will be prompted to enter your name, address and date of birth.
Once you do these things, your new Green Dot Card becomes active. Though you can only use it after loading funds.
Alternatively, You can activate your Green Dot Card over the phone, by calling the customer care line at 1-866-795-7597. Once you are connected, you will have to follow the menu instructions to activate your card.
How to Load Funds on Your Card?
Before you make any order online or head to any store, you will have to load your card with some cash. There are several ways to make this deposit.
- You can transfer money from your bank account to your card.
- You can deposit a check from your mobile device to your card.
- You can get your tax refund deposited on your card.
- You can visit any Green Dot Card center near you and sign up for direct deposits at no costs.