Cash App is simple and easy to use. Whether it is to your family or friends, it is very convenient to send money through Cash App. But not just that. You can also use it to make payments for purchases made at various merchant stores. Before you start using Cash App, you have to download and install it.
What is Required to Open a Cash App Account?
Your Cash App account contains all your personal details collected during the sign-up process and any other transaction details on all the transactions you may have carried out.
To create such an account, you have to provide information, which includes, but isn’t limited to your full names, text-enabled mobile phone number, e-mail address, a zip code, street address, a state-issued form of identification, your social security number (SSN), and the date of birth.
How Do You Sign Up for Cash App?
To sign up for Cash App, you have to go through an easy and fast process. The following are some of the steps that you would have to take:
Step 1. Download a free Cash App here.
Step 2. After opening the app, enter your email address or cell phone number. A confirmation code will be sent to you either through the phone or email address.
Step 3. Once the code is sent to you, enter it. That will take you to the place where you need to choose your personal account.
Step 4. The next thing you need to do is go through a series of prompts which in the end will enable you to link your bank account to the app. only after that will you be able to send or receive money.
Cash App is available mainly for people who are at least 18 years old and residents of the United States, except the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
What are Cash App Cashtags?
Making P2P or POP payments using your Cash App can happen through the use of the recipient’s number, e-mail, or a “Cashtag”. The $cashtag preceded by a dollar sign is an alphanumeric name that is unique to you.
Your Cashtag can truthfully represent your personal or business identity. But you are not allowed to use misleading Cashtags, which may lead to charge-backs or one with obscenities. Cash app reserves the right to make some Cashtags unavailable even if you’ve used one of them before.
How Do You Use a $Cashtag?
The money transfer process on Cash App involves the use of Cashtag, a feature that works in conjunction with the cash.me website. Using Cashtag only requires you to put a dollar sign next to a selected tag. You can then share it with friends or family from whom you expect to receive money. For example, you can choose Cashtag “John”. That means they have to go to ‘cash.me/$John’ if they want to send you money.
You must have an active debit card linked to Cash App to claim a $Cashtag.
How Do You Use Cash App to Send Money?
The following simple procedure should guide you through:
Step 1. Open the Cash App. You should have downloaded and installed Cash App by now. If you haven’t, enter your email address or telephone number. You will have to verify the account using the confirmation code sent to you.
Step 2. On the main page, there is a number pad in which you will type a dollar amount from as little as $1. Make it as much as you want to send.
Step 3. Tap the ‘Pay’ button.
Step 4. Type or select a name from your contacts. You may want to type a Cashtag username or mobile phone number. They must essentially be registered to use Cash App.
Step 5. Add a note and tap ‘Pay’. You may want to notify the recipient what the money is for by adding messages such as ‘Pocket money’. Then tap ‘Pay’. The money will be sent. Once you are through tap ‘Done’ to go back to the home page.
When you send more than $250 in one week, Cash App will automatically ask you to verify your name, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your SSN to increase the sending limit to $2,500 (in most states).
You may also use Cash App to request for money, respond to a money request, and refund a payment. The procedure of doing all these are simple and clear just as is everything you can do using Cash App.
What Are the Pros of Using Square’s Cash App?
- The Cash App facilitates the making of convenient and quick transactions from anywhere and anytime without having to face the traditional banking process of queuing and waiting.
- The Cash App has made the processing of transactions more social, effective, and accessible to both small business owners and individuals.
- It is now possible for small business owners to go past the complex process of registering bank accounts to get credit or debit cards that they can use in their business. In fact, the Cash App card is usable by even local hotdog sellers who could not accept credit cards in the past.
- The Cash App card is ideal for people who don’t own bank accounts and thus lack a way to get access to a usable credit or debit card.
- It is also possible to use your received funds once they get into your e-wallet instead of waiting for the transaction to be processed through your bank account as is the case with most traditional banking payments made via credit or debit cards.
What Are the Cons of Using Square’s Cash App?
- The Cash App Visa debit card doesn’t work overseas; the Card use is limited to the U.S.
- Transactions with credit cards are charged a 3% fee.
- Cash App works directly with debit card accounts and not bank or credit card accounts.
- You can’t mix business and personal accounts because Square’s Cash App requires you to set up separate accounts.
Square’s Cash app is a pioneering innovation for P2P payment platforms. Cumulative downloads of Cash App have exceeded those of Paypal’s Venmo for the first time, according to analyst Dan Dolev. This is a big indicator that many people have taken up this option as a convenient way to transact. The use of Cash App is expected to increase as more small retailers, merchants, and individuals discover the many advantages of using this platform. This is important for merchants and retailers that could not initially take credit cards during payment reception.