Netspend Corporation is an American company that provides alternative financial services in the U.S.A. The corporation is a subsidiary that is wholly-owned by TSYS (Total System Services), which is a bank credit card provider, merchant acquirer, and credit card processor. The corporation is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and it also has branches in California, Atlanta, San Mateo, and Georgia. Netspend is a renowned issuer of commercial prepaid cards, Prepaid Debit Master cards, and Visa prepaid debit cards.
Netspend boasts of having an expansive nationwide network of approximately 130,000 reload points and 70,000 distribution locations, which allow its clientele to reload and purchase their cards. The corporation serves approximately 68 million under-banked individuals who lack traditional banking accounts or those that rely on alternative financial services. The cards issued by Netspend can be used at neighborhood retail points, pharmacies, convenience stores, check cashers, tax preparers, insurance providers, and grocery stores nationwide.
What is the Importance of Netspend Cards?
Netspend prepaid cards allow the card owners to pay bills online, buy items, and make direct deposits of paychecks for instant funds access. This service requires no credit check or a contract. Also, the products have powerful features and great flexibility designed to suit the clientele. The instant process of card application is prompt and it only requires a few personal details. Netspend cards are also issued by many other banks such as Republic Bank and Trust Company, Meta-Bank, Bofl Federal Bank, and The Bancorp Bank.
These cards are increasingly becoming popular and many government agencies and businesses issue Netspend’s prepaid debit cards for purposes such as tax refunds or reward incentives. These cards come in MasterCard or Visa forms, and they all require activation before they can be put to use.
Related: How Do I Check My NetSpend Balance?
What is Netspend Card Activation?
Netspend card activation entails the procedural entry of the cardholder’s personal information as well as those on the issued card into the Netspend’s system to make sure that the card becomes operative. The activation only occurs when the cardholder enters the required details, which are recorded and stored in Netspend’s data system for transaction, authorization, monitoring, and recording. Once you receive your Netspend card you can either activate it online or by phone.
Online Netspend Card Activation
1. You can activate your Netspend card by visiting the company’s online portal. You can reach the Netspend activation or registration page by using the link on the resources link on Netspend’s official website.
2. Once you are on the activation page, you will be required to enter your card number, which consists of 16 or 20 digits found on the front side of your card.
3. Thereafter, you should enter the security code, which is a three-digit code known as the CVV code. This code is found on the backside of your card. After entering this information proceed to the next page of your online submission form.
4. Once your card has been identified, you will have to enter your personal information including your 9-digit Social Security Number (SSN) to link the card to your personal profile as the primary user.
Phone Activation of Your New Netspend Card
Online Netspend card activation may be the fastest activation option, but you also have the option of calling Netspend’s customer service for activation help.
1. Simply dial the toll-free number 1-866-387-7363 and you will be connected to a customer service representative who will be ready and glad to assist you. Also, there may be a different toll-free number that may be provided with your card and if there is such an activation number on your card it is recommendable to use that number.
2. Introduce yourself and give the representative the 16 or 20-digit card number on the front side of your card and the 3-digit CVV code on the backside of your new card.
3. Thereafter, provide the representative with your personal details including your full names, date of birth, and at least one form of personal identification such as your Social Security Number (SSN), passport number, driver’s license number, or alien registration identity number.
Related: 6 Key Differences between Unsecured & Secured Credit Cards.
The Netspend card activation process ends once you provide all this information, and your card will become active once your call is completed.