For a simpler, secure, and more convenient way to manage your expenditure, then a Vanilla card will do just fine. This isn’t a credit card and does not involve the filling in of any forms. Thus, you do not need to have a bank account to operate a Vanilla card.
You can basically choose among different types of vanilla cards. It all depends on whether you want your cards in multiple denominations, for everyday use or to reload it over and over again.
Here is a simple guide to activating your Vanilla MasterCard or Visa Card within a few minutes.
Vanilla Reward Card
Are you are looking for the most flexible and convenient way to encourage client loyalty and recognize employees? If yes’ the vanilla reward card is the best option. You can get it either as a Visa or MasterCard. Customers or employees who get rewarded by it can use it to make purchases anywhere a Visa or MasterCard is accepted.
1. Vanilla Reward Card Features
- You can safely and conveniently use it to make online payments.
- The merchants don’t need to do a credit check on you.
- You can use it nationwide in the US to make in-store and online payments.
2. Reward Card Activation
The Vanilla Reward Card activation can also be done either through the website, vanillareward.com, or by calling 1-800-571-1376 for Visa or 1-800-680-5941 for MasterCard. You will have to provide information such as the card number, activation code, date of expiration, and security code. Check for that at the back of the card.
Vanilla Gift Card
Which method will you use to activate the Vanilla Gift Card? That depends on whether you are getting it for the first time or if it is a replacement. Here is the activation process in detail.
1. Activating a New My Vanilla Gift Card
Like many other gift cards, your Vanilla Card comes ready to use. You don’t have to activate it again. The only thing you must do is sign at the back immediately you buy or receive it. As a precaution, write the customer care number and card number on a safely kept piece of paper. That information may come in handy sooner or later.
2. Activating the Replacement Card
To activate a replacement card, you only need to go to the activation page, vanillagift.com/activateCard. You will be required to enter the card number, a 3-digit CVV, expiration date, and activation code. After clicking “Activate” your Vanilla Card will be ready for use.
Did you know that you can use the Vanilla Card to make payments in stores and online? So long as you have a secure PIN, it is more like using a debit card. Check for a Visa or MasterCard sign to know the stores that accept it for payment. However, cannot use it to get point of sale cash backs or to withdraw money at ATMs.
3. Advantages of Vanilla Gift Cards
- Ability to use the funds until they expire.
- Purchases don’t attract unwanted fees.
- You can use cards in all outlets that accept them.
- It is secure and convenient.
- No need for activation and you can, therefore, use the card immediately.
4. Useful Vanilla Gift Card Tips
• Knowing your balance: It is important that you know your card balance before making a purchase. If the money is not enough to pay for what you are buying, the payment will be declined.
• Holds and pre-authorizations: If you make a payment that is more than your card balance, the merchant concerned may place a hold on the card. That’s until the transaction is completed. You may not be able to use your card for up to 7 days.
• Possibility to use a second payment method: Are you buying something that costs more than the balance on the card? Why don’t you pay the rest of the money by cash, check, debit or credit card? You only need to inform the cashier.
• Saving the Vanilla Card details: It is important to take note of the card number, CVV, expiration date, and customer care number.
Vanilla Prepaid Card
The Vanilla prepaid card works in a very simple way. Every time you make a purchase, the balance on your card will reduce. Only when you have sufficient balance on the card will you be able to make payments.
1. How to Activate the Vanilla Prepaid Card?
You don’t really need to activate your Vanilla Prepaid Card as it is as soon as you buy it. Just like the Vanilla Gift Card, you will have to take note of the card number and customer care number and keep them securely.
2. Managing Your Prepaid Card
To manage your Vanilla Prepaid Card, you need to go to the company’s website. You will enter the card number, CVV, and expiration date to sign in.
3. Vanilla Prepaid Card Features
- So long as the card has a balance, the money never expires.
- No need for merchants to check your credit or personal information.
- You can spend your money online and in brick and mortar stores.
- You can start using the card 24 hours after buying it.
That’s how easy it is to activate all types of your Vanilla cards including the Reward, Gift, and Prepaid varieties.